Flood Insurance in New Jersey
Floods can cause devastating losses. It is crucial that every homeowner get a flood insurance policy even if the property is in an area that is not flood prone. A flood insurance policy refers to property insurance that covers belongings and property that is lost because of floods.
Most homeowners are skeptical to get flood insurance because they think their standard homeowner's insurance covers flooding, but that is not the case. You can get more information, and your flood insurance, from a reliable insurance agent at The Insurance Place in Rochelle Park, NJ.
What does flood insurance cover?
- Systems in the house - Flood insurance will cover the essential systems in the house which include the electrical and plumbing systems of the house. It also covers cisterns, fuel tanks, and the fuel in the tank. If you have solar equipment in the house and they get damaged by floods, they are also covered.
- Appliances - The value of one appliance in the house might be negligible, but when accumulated they could be worth a fortune. Appliances covered by the flood insurance includes inbuilt appliances such as washing machines, dishwashers, and dryers. Freezers and the food that is damaged while in the freezer is covered but not what was in the refrigerator.
- Permanently installed cabinets, bookcases, paneling, and wallboards - People have been known to spend thousands of dollars on renovating their house which includes permanent cabinets, paneling, and bookcases. If they are damaged in a flood, they will also be covered by the flood insurance.
- Personal property - Property in your house in New Jersey can be quite expensive. These items include furniture, electronics, and clothes. Your valuables such as artwork and jewelry are covered but up to a specific value.
- Living expenses - If the house is uninhabitable, the insurance will cover temporary housing expenses.
Like most insurance policies, some things are not covered by the flood insurance policy. Ensure that you have the right information about the policy. If you live in New Jersey, you can seek flood insurance coverage from The Insurance Place in Rochelle Park, NJ. Our agents are ready to work with you to get started on a flood insurance policy for your New Jersey home.